Monday, August 31, 2015
Trump dominates August tweets. Of course, he does!
I wonder if having wifi in the Tin Lizzy is boosting my 8days2Amish Twitter output. I thought August was a very fruitful month. Perhaps it’s because I can now post them the instant they pop into my head — I rarely post with smartphone.
Of course, it’s dominated by Trump.
First day of school today. Yay! To celebrate, I may spend the whole day strolling around the house in my underwear.
Just hope I remember to put the outdoor duds back on when I head out to the afternoon bus stop.
• What did cavemen call houseflies?
• I’m not up to speed on bovine anatomy, but I have to think a rump roast would come from a bum steer.
• I predict this is the week Trump declares he will rename Gulf of Mexico the Gulf of Make America Great Again.
• Doggedness is an admirable quality. Dogged people never quit. I fear I’ve always acted with cattedness.
• I’m still hoping to see reporter ask Trump to name historical women he most admires & hear him say, "Miss Norway, Miss Spain, Miss Brazil…"
• When I promised I'd no longer write about politics, I had no idea Donald Trump was going to be the leading GOP candidate. #Trump2016
• Coaching 9-year-old to say anytime she sees grade school kid picking nose, "There's a farmer in the booger barn!”
• Smart phones are great, sure, but until smart phones have coin return slots where you can find surprise quarters they won't measure up.
• Thinking of spending the day trying to discern which came first: The word "computer" or the word “glitch."
• I’ll bet there are many days each week Dick Cheney wakes up and is stunned to realize he is no longer President of the United States.
• Is the reason the Koch Bros. aren't running for GOP nom. because they can't agree who should be Veep?
• I can only conclude anyone who says puns are the lowest form of humor has never seen an Adam Sandler flick.
• I’m convinced the first thing to go is the inability to resist saying, "The first thing to go . . .”
• Time doesn't fly. It drives a Maserati, drunk, down the Autobahn with a brick strapped to the accelerator.
• Those who obsess over audacious bucket lists go beyond the pail.
• Forlorn should be spelled fourlorn so we could gauge our level of lorness: Ex. "I was feeling sixlorn so I had a cookie and it made me threelorn.”
• Remember, having a great relationship with the Lord doesn’t mean you can treat the rest of us like crap.
• Silent letters drive me pcrazy!
• Pope asks us to embrace divorced Catholics. Aren't embraces what started all the trouble in the first place?
• How to punish Keith Richards for saying "Sgt. Pepper" sucks? Only one option: He must marry Yoko.
• Grammarians understand it's possible for a stationery store to be based in a mobile home.
• Stones classic #ExileOnMainStreet turns 43 this year. Time to change iconic song title to "Shake Your Replaced Hips.
• I’m going to stand in dimly lit room, extend video cam & spin ‘til I’m dizzy. Then I’ll post & boast I spent 2 mins in eye of a tornado.
• If you're livin' in New Orleans and yer nickname ain't "Fats" then you just ain't livin' right.
• I’ve discovered new way to make junk science even more suspect: depending on the nacho and the setting, 5-second rule is now the 1-min rule
• Thought of way to ensure real face time with Trump: Tell his people sketches of how he'll look on Rushmore ready and he needs to choose most flattering perspective.
• We will eliminate hunger when the world operates on the same humble principle as, "Need a penny? Take a penny/ Have a penny? Leave a penny”
• Many dads accused of being helicopter parents, always hovering. Me, I'm more of a sidecar parent, just along for the ride.
• I think I'm like most writers in that I encourage ones who are less accomplished than I and disdain those who are more.
• Getting out of bed makes me feel like WWI soldier being ordered to vault from trench into No Man’s Land certain to face heroic annihilation.
• I wonder if Hell has Congeniality contests and how long it'll be before Bill Cosby is eligible.
• Can you imagine how pharmaceutical stocks would have risen if the doctors had been prescribing Ritalin when the #3Stooges were lads?
• I’m in a crusade to get national OBGYN organizations to start calling postpartum depression by a fun new name: "Stork Raving Mad!”
• My mind's been wandering so long I'm surprised it's not appeared on someone's milk carton.
• How come the words work and fork don't rhyme, but beer and mirror do?
• Given surplus of one and deficit of the other, I imagine when Jesus comes back he'll turn California wine into water.
• Being unwittingly charged merely for seeking tech answers is a fee-ASK-o.
• I’m still mystified why more transgender people don't congregate in a Wisconsin town named Sheboygan.
• Every time I see a picture of Gloria Allred in the news I think her name should be Gloria Allmakeup.
• I’m like most dads in that I'm not without my faults. I make mistakes. I screw up. I'm a flawther.
• We live in an age where people display more affection for devices that play music than for the music devices play.
• Your typical pessimist suffers from pre-traumatic stress disorder.
• At some point this week, I hope to come up with a theory about why a gun isn't called a bang.
• What’s going to happen to America when Trump announces he'll pay bail for anyone who's passionate about helping him deport illegals?
• I know the lie diminishes me, but I can't help running into rooms and saying, "Did you hear? Dick Cheney's gonna be on #DWTS!”
• The quest has ended in disappointment since the dawn of man, but every decent herb factory has at least one thyme machine.
• I wonder how much the bucket lists of people who own bucket factories differ from the rest of ours.
• Fashion experts who work to ensure ample bosoms fit snugly in frilly brassieres are rack-contours.
• If I ever get another pet I'm gonna name him Peeve so I can say, "Here comes my pet Peeve.”
• I understand if I pray for riches, I'll get nothing and if I pray for wisdom, I'll need nothing. I can't help. Still praying for riches
• If laughter is truly best medicine then how come the pharmaceutical conglomerates haven't found a way to gouge us for watching “#Seinfeld?"
• Getting more and more difficult to convince wife I'm obsessively following Ashley Madison news because I'm passionate about internet security.
• Because of the lasting damage the candidate is doing to the GOP brand, I must conclude Bill Clinton knows nothing about politics after he advised Trump running for president was a good idea.
• We hear lots about Jesus as the Son of God. I wonder about Uncle Jesus. Wouldn't it have been cool to say Jesus was your Uncle?
• Something tells me he admires Trump's moxie, but thinks the needs the guidance of an old Washington hand. Yes, he thinks America is ready for Trump/Cheney
• It had a handsome leading man, an earnest sidekick and international intrigue, but there was something about Ohio Five-O that never caught on. Oh, and Ohio Five-O had scenic corn locales.
Related . . .