Pledge Week! Pledge Now!

Thursday, April 3, 2014

Best tweets from last month were, "ehh"

My November and December tweets of the month featured more than 65 items each. For eight weeks, I was on fire. Alas, the fire has extinguished. This month’s 8days2amish haul is just 24 and, really, they’re not that great.

Ah, Twitter muse, you are fickle damsel.

I tried to weed out the really crappy ones and most of these are decent. Still, when I have a down month like this I always buoy my mood by reminding myself that no one really cares.

Afterall, it’s only Twitter.


• It must infuriate true banjo virtuosos that to the public the world's greatest banjo performers are Steve Martin and Kermit The Frog.

• Really popular all-you-can-eat buffets are places where the crowd never thins.

• 138 years ago today, A.G. Bell was issued patent for first phone. Tell friends and speculate how they'd have sounded had he been named Horn.

• Many of us have love/hate relationships with our smart phones. We love having them, but hate knowing that you’re allowed to have one, too.

• Call me reactionary, but I have to figure they use one hell of a lot of hand sanitizer in a place called Germany.

• This is about the time of year when I always begin wondering why we have an Easter Bunny instead of an Easter Chicken.

• Malaysian air official says they're looking for a needle in the haystack. Seems to me they're still looking for the haystack.

• If I ever have money burning a hole in my pocket the first thing- I'm gonna do is rush out and buy some flame retardant pants.

• I’m so cheap I wish Latrobe had a Dutch restaurant so I could invite my wife to dinner and say, "Let's go Dutch!" and get out of paying.

• I’m so cheap my idea of taking my wife to a fancy restaurant is a place that does NOT have the robber-height tape on all the door frames.

• Made the bone-headed mistake of telling 7 year old my new garment is called a “Pea Coat.” Now she asks if I’m also wearing my Poop Pants.

• True dreamers fly kites with no strings attached.

• Remember, it's okay to cook on a spit, but never spit on your cook.

• I wonder if dentists ever feel sheepish resorting to occupational jargon. "Work today was really tough. Kind of like pulling teeth!”

• I hope someday to persuade Derek Jeter to draw me a little stick figure cartoon just so I can justifiably call it a Dandy Yankee doodle.

• I told a friend that careful mimes can be safe, but never sound. He accused me of thinking inside the box.

• I remember the good old days when all the airlines lost was your luggage.

• A clear, sharp mind is a brute impediment to enjoying so much of life's wonder and whimsy. I'm glad that's not one of my problems.

• I’m always surprised when I hear how much roofers earn. I always thought they worked on the house.

• How come only people entitled to blither seem to be idiots? Heard plenty of blithering newscasters. Been known to enjoy good blither myself.

• One of the great joys is watching 7 year old daughter playing and her unaware I'm watching her every move. Well, me and the NSA.

• “Godspell” is a popular theatrical production. “Spell God” is a question that will get public school teachers into trouble with the ACLU.

• US needs to appear strong in face of Russian aggression. I propose we invade ... Canada!

• Spent most of the morning wondering what God says when Jesus sneezes. No conclusions.

• Most perplexing aspect of my existence is how I can go from being so popular at the bar to being unpopular at home w/out getting the bends.

• My toast du jour: “May you one day be as happy as all your Facebook friends mistakenly think you are based on misleading posts & pix."


Related . . .



No comments: